Important in an emergency
• Control your emotions and do not exaggerate or dramatize the situation
• Explain the situation as fully and accurately as possible
• Enter your correct telephone number
• Enter the location, landmark as completely possible on
• Follow the instructions of the dispatcher on
Ambulance care (emergency assistance and ordered transport) is part of the curative care chain. In fact, ambulance care in daily practice is 'advanced' hospital care, an outpost of the hospital, sometimes also of the first line.
Ambulance care should be seen as part of a care continuum. This care continuum starts with the general practitioners and runs via FKA to the hospital. The various links in the care chain must be well connected, which is the responsibility of all parties.