The 5 best happy hours on Curaçao
Which happy hour should you not miss?
1. Madero Ocean Club, every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday there is a party here.
2. Bonita Beach Bar, every Friday and Sunday you can enjoy happy hour here with sunset.
3. Zanzibar on Jan Thiel Beach, every Saturday Zanzibar unpacks with a live band and a DJ, with your feet in the sand and a cocktail in your hand.
4. Wet & Wild Beach club, every Friday and Sunday you can enjoy happy hour and the best hits.
5. Chill Beach Bar & Grill, every Friday and Sunday you can chill here and enjoy the happy hour and the delicious BBQ dishes.
Happy hour overview
Happy hour concept
You'll find the concept of happy hour at every bar and restaurant on Curaçao. Happy hour literally translated means, happy or happy hour. During this hour, you often get 2 drinks for the price of 1 or a discount on, for example, delicious cocktails, snacks, etc. Doesn't that make everyone happy?
Upcoming events in your own calendar
Did you know that you can easily place all happy hours and upcoming events on Fun Curaçao in your own calendar? Don't miss a party again!
Open on it events overview the event you would like to attend. Here you get the option to “download” the event. It's that easy to add your event to your agenda.
FAQ happy hours
Young and old! The Happy hours on Curaçao are for all ages. There are many young people (18-25) on the island to study, work or do an internship so evenings and weekends they can definitely be found at the happy hours. So if you are here on holiday and want to socialise, a happy hour parties the perfect place.
Especially at happy hour on Fridays at Bonita and Wet and Wild Beachclub you also see a lot of "adults" and on Saturdays at Zanzibar you also see many families with small children, older couples and friends, very mixed and that's what makes it so cosy!
At the Happy hours of, say, Madero that are late at night you generally do see only young people.
Yes, but as in other countries, you always have to be careful.
- Before entering a "club", you are usually thoroughly searched first.
- Keep an eye on your purse or other valuables for any pickpockets.
- Don't put on your most expensive shoes or watch just to be on the safe side.
- Watch your drinking.
- Make sure you go out together.
Besides that, just enjoy yourself and use your common sense!
Many of Curaçao's events and happy hours are around Jan Thiel, Mambo Beach and Willemstad. These are easy central locations with large car parks so perfect for hosting lots of people.
If you feel like making good use of the happy hour one night, it is obviously not convenient if you are by car. Then you can easily arrange a taxi via an app; 24/7 taxi. You can then choose to pay online, debit or pay cash in the taxi itself. You can also call +5999 844 9247 for the 24/7 taxi service.
There is no "uber" as we are used to in the Netherlands in Curaçao.
It depends a bit on where you order a drink, on the beach and with going out the prices are about the same as the Netherlands, a bit lower though thankfully! So that's why the happy hours are perfect! Often 2 for the price of 1.