Shopping on Curaçao
The 6 best places to shop on Curaçao
Curaçao is not "the place to be" for fashion fanatics, but you can certainly shop there. There are several shopping malls, a nice outing when it rains on Curaçao!
- Renaissance Mall & Rif Fort, you will mainly find the more exclusive shops here, but you also have, for example, a Mango and Starbucks. The shopping center is located in a beautiful spot in the city, so it is nice to visit anyway.
- Zuikertuin Shopping Mall, this indoor shopping center is really designed for the Dutch. You will find the Rituals, Bruna, Jamin and the Levi’s here, in addition to shopping, you can also enjoy a nice meal here, for example The Lords.
- Boardwalk Shopping Mall, this is an outdoor shopping mall with a wide range of international brands.
- Sambil Curaçao, this is a large indoor shopping center. In addition to brands such as Tommy Hilfiger, you will also find a cinema, various eateries and a large supermarket here.
- Mambo Beach Boulevard, you can't really call it shopping, but there are a few nice boutiques for souvenirs, slipper shop, bikini shop, men's fashion store and more.
- There are also several more luxurious shops Punda and Otrobanda (Willemstad)
In Curaçao you can find different types of stores, including electronics stores, clothing stores, souvenir stores, book stores, shoe stores, furniture stores and much more. Check out Fun Curacao for one overview of all shops on the island, filter easily on the store you need.
FAQ shopping on Curaçao
You can't really shop like we are used to in the Netherlands on Curaçao. There are no large retail chains such as Zara, Pull&Bear, Hema, Bijenkorf, etc. But there are a few shopping centres where if you search well you can succeed!
- Renaissance Mall & Rif Fort
- Zuikertuin Shopping Mall
- Boardwalk Shopping Mall
- Sambil Curacao
- Mambo Beach BLVD
- Punda and Otrobanda (Willemstad)
No, unfortunately there isn't! There are no large retail chains located on Curaçao, so bring enough clothing from the Netherlands if you planned to go shopping on Curaçao.
Yes, but this is not as easy as in the Netherlands and of course it differs per company where you want to order something.
Yes! There are a few nice markets to visit!
- Marsche Nobo, also known as "the round market" in Punda, Willemstad. This is the ideal place to buy souvenirs.
- Plantation Brakkeput Ariba, every Saturday morning there is a farmer's market at the plantation Brakkeput Ariba. there are different types of fruit and vegetables and delicacies.
- Hofi Moringa , there are many nice stalls with art, clothes, souvenirs, accessories and local food. Take a look at their Instagram when the market is held @hofi_moringa
No, on Curaçao you pay in US dollars or guilders (NAF/ANG). You can pay almost everywhere with your bank card or smartphone, but always take cash with you if this is not possible. Tip: before you travel, set all your bank card to pay in South America, then you can simply withdraw money on Curaçao.